AutoCAD refers to computer-aided design software which is being used to electronically draw and edit 2D and 3D designs. It was developed by Autodesk, which is why it is called AutoCAD (Computer-Aided Design). The first version of AutoCAD was launched on December 23, 1982.
This is an application commonly used by construction and design professionals such as architects, engineers, fine artists, and interior designers as a modern tool in drafting plans and making technical documentation. Its main function is to draft and create designs for 2D and 3D models especially for blueprints of floor plans, buildings, and houses.
It has also an automated program to compare drawings, counting, block adding, and scheduling. AutoCAD can help the designer increase productivity, to make a database for manufacturing, to enhance communication through easier documentation, and most especially to improve design qualities.
Designed with various specialized toolsets like architectural toolset, mechanical toolset, electrical toolset, etc., designers can efficiently save time and produce accurate plans. Similarly, AutoCAD is also useful in drafting designs for artworks such as sculptures, engravings, and wood carvings.
Benefits of using AutoCAD:
- It can produce more accurate designs and multiple copies compared to manual drafting.
- It can be used in 3D printing and the designs can be exported to different formats.
- It increases efficiency because using it can save much time, money, and effort.
- It can be linked to other computer programs.
- It can be used to create designs for delicate objects such as toys and jewelry as well as prototypes.
You might like: