Cloud storage is a saving device that allows its users to save files and data and have the capacity to access it wherever and whenever you need it as long as you have an internet connection. It has features that allow multiple users to access one file simultaneously with people who have granted permission. You can also back up and retrieve your files easily using Cloud storage.
Many individuals and business owners are using it for different purposes. It is commonly known as Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box. It is offering free storage with limited space. Nevertheless, users can always upgrade to paid subscriptions if they prefer to have more extensive storage for their files and data.
But there is also a downside to using it. Because of its popularity, its security is at risk due to hacking attempts. And once you have granted access to people, they can easily copy or download it to their personal device.
Advantages of Using Cloud Storage
- You can access saved files anytime using your computer, laptop, tablet, and smartphones
- You can back up and retrieve data so easily
- Can save and send bigger files
- You can easily send data or files to many people by just sending the link
- You don’t have to pay a huge amount of money to set up storage. You can have it for free or just pay for a small amount monthly subscription (for bigger space)
- Can store different kinds of files such as images, videos, audio files, word documents, PowerPoint presentations, and excel file
You might like: