Canva and Crello are both free graphic design platforms enabling everyone to develop professional-looking content with minimal effort. Content creation in both platforms is made possible by the availability of pre-made templates and downloadable photos, gifs, and animations that can be accessed free upon registration.
Canva launched earlier than Crello. It was founded in Australia back in 2013 and was initially utilized by 750,000 users. There are about 55 million active Canva users based on the recent April 2021 tally from 190 countries worldwide.
In Canva’s free account, you can access around 250,000 templates and cloud storage of 5GB. You can also ask your team members and friends to collaborate with your design under the free subscription. Canva offers series of templates from resumes, video presentations, flyers down to social media posts.
Crello, on the other hand, launched in 2016 in New York and shortly became Canva’s competitor. About 2 million Crello users worldwide currently utilize the platform to create social media posts, e-book covers, blog images, certificates, and business cards.
In Crello’s free account, you can access around 30,000 templates, 650,000 images from Depositphotos, and 650,000 images from Lightfield Productions. It is also possible for you to invite your teammates to Crello for design collaboration.
Similarities and Differences
- Both can be accessed via desktop and smartphone.
- Both have a drag-and-drop feature enabling users to personalize designs easily.
- Both have premium account options to have access to more templates and images.
- Canva is ideal for static content like photos, while Crello is best for non-static content like video presentations.
- Both have a similar User Interface (UI).
- Both offer resources and tutorials.
- Both have searchable templates you can filter to fit the category you are looking for.
- Crello has new designs every week.
- Crello is more affordable but with lesser features.