Hulu is one of the prominent video streaming services for live TV shows and movies which is accessible through different platforms. Hulu is majority-owned by the Walt Disney Company and its headquarters is in Los Angeles, California, United States. It houses thousands of TV and movie episodes both new and classic shows.
Hulu offered plans such as Hulu with and No Ads as well as Hulu plus Live TV. Hulu also creates original and new content like Netflix and Amazon. There are 41.6 million subscribers of Hulu as of March 2021.
The name Hulu was derived from a Mandarin word that means a “gourd”, a bottle, or a container of some precious things. Hence, it was named Hulu to signify that it contains premium content which are movies and episodes to watch. Hulu started in 2007 and eventually launched its beta preview in June 2010.
In November 2017, the Hulu Plus was introduced to the public.
Key Features of Hulu
- Hulu’s basic subscription price starts at $5.99 per month for an ad-supported plan or if qualified for annual billing, it costs $59.99 per year. The student plan is only $1.99 per month.
- The price of Hulu with No Ads is $11.99 per month while the Hulu plus Live TV plan costs $64.99 monthly after the free trial.
- You can watch it on two different screens at the same time.
- You can record the Live TV with a Cloud DVR storage of 50 hours.
- Hulu’s library has thousands of TV and movie shows.
- You can watch using various devices such as phones, tablets, and laptops.
- It can accommodate up to 6 profile users.
You might like: