The short video-sharing social media platform TikTok has been the fastest-growing social media app in recent years, cited by media outlets as the 7th most downloaded app of the past decade. TikTok’s format of allowing its users to create and share 15-second videos with the in-app music, sounds, and snippets together with filters and video effects was the formula to the app’s success.
Since its inception in 2016, TikTok has reached over 2 billion downloads worldwide, with over 1 billion active users. With the app’s popularity and high user engagement, TikTok has become a marketing hotbed for companies wanting to take advantage of the app’s strong market presence.
Ways for Companies to Use TikTok for Marketing
- Companies can create a channel where they can feature short marketing videos made specifically for the app. The 15-second limit per video upload is a great way for companies to introduce their products to the market in a creative way.
- Hashtags can drive traffic to a Tiktok channel. Using relevant generic hashtags alongside brand-specific hashtags in the caption of the uploaded video will make companies be seen by users whenever they use the app’s search feature
- Companies should take advantage of user-generated content to increase user engagement. Launching promotions that will encourage users to upload a video of them using a company’s product will increase brand presence on the app.
- TikTok celebrities and influencers have large viewerships; companies can partner with them to promote products in the influencer’s unique way of creating content. That strategy is a sure way to reach the celebrity’s followers organically since they know how to arouse their interest.
- For a minimum budget of $500, companies can use TikTok Ads as a marketing tool for their business. They can use any of the five types of TikTok Ads to suit their need; In-feed ads, Brand Takeover, Top View, Branded Hashtag Challenge, and Branded effects.