Spotify is an app for music streaming that gives access to a variety of songs, music videos, and content from artists around the world. It allows users to listen to millions of songs both for free and premium versions. On the other hand, Hulu is particularly designed as a video streaming service app. It provides a large catalog containing TV seasons, movies, Live TV, anime series. This is usually used by those who want to live to stream their videos or broadcast their TV programs to different platforms.
Hulu became a partner of Spotify that adds video streaming features and functionalities. This partnership was expanded with the creation of the Spotify and Hulu Bundle where you can combine the services of both apps in a single account.
Key Differences of Spotify and Hulu
- Spotify is designed as a music streaming service app while Hulu is for video streaming and TV series.
- Hulu provides a catalog of videos, movies, and Live TV but Spotify’s main function is to let the users access a variety of songs and other musical content.
- Hulu is available only in the United States and Japan. Spotify is available to more countries around the world.
- Spotify has more plan options than Hulu which only has Hulu, Hulu Premium (No Ads), and Hulu plus Live TV.
- Spotify has over 140 million paying subscribers while Hulu has around 39.4 million.
- Hulu’s basic plan’s price is $5.99 per month while Spotify costs 12.9$ per month after the trial period.
You might like: